Our client is a specialist property consultancy, providing the public, private and commercial sector with a multi-disciplined approach to a variety of property services including surveying, engineering and asset & estate management. Continued expansion has created a need for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join a team of expert building services engineers in a multi-disciplined environment.
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the design, specification and project management of mechanical services installations for new build, maintenance and/or refurbishment programmes of work. This may include taking the project lead or working as part of a larger design team.
- Carry out the design and management of all types of mechanical services projects including producing budget estimates, drawings, detailed service specifications, tender documentation
- Promote the use of renewable technologies.
- Deliver mechanical projects in full in accordance with clients brief and professional standards.
- Where required carry out condition surveys, dilapidation or specific surveys to provide information for stock condition/asset management system and/or to aid asset appraisal.
- Prepare technical/feasibility reports and valuations, advising on options and recommendations in an advisory capacity.
- Promote the competitive, efficient and effective delivery of mechanical services installations which will support carbon reduction strategies.
- Assist with maintaining and developing professional standards and practices.
- Professional membership of the Chartered Institute of Building Service Engineers and be working or prepared to work towards Chartered status
- Membership of the Engineering Council
- HNC/HND or equivalent in an Mechanical Engineering related discipline
Skills and knowledge:
- Experience in a similar or related role
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in Mechanical services design, specification and project management, and the maintenance of building services installations
- Experience in designing and utilising sustainable and low carbon technologies, such as biomass boiler plants and air/ground source heat pumps
- Experience of building energy management systems including upgrading and installation/extension of these systems on new projects
- Familiar with relevant construction, health and safety legislation and risks and hazards associated with asbestos
- Proficient in using Hevacomp or IES and Revitt is preferable
- 27 Days Annual Leave, plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Competitive Company Pension Scheme, including Company Funded Life Assurance
- Bupa Health Cash Plan
- Annual support towards a relevant professional membership
- Ongoing support towards your own continuous personal development
- A wide range of additional employee flexible benefits, discounts and schemes
Apex Engineering Recruitment is a recruitment agency acting on behalf of this client