Due to continued growth an exciting and challenging opportunity has been created to join this well established, leading Building Services Contractor. As the Design Estimator you will work on projects nationwide and up to the value of £2.5M. Commercial, industrial, retail, health, education and residential.
Your duties will include the following:
- Interpretation of the clients / specification requirements
- Printing off relevant enquiry documents
- Attending site surveys
- Sending enquiries to suppliers and sub-contractors
- Undertaking design calculations
- Selection of suitable plant and equipment
- Undertaking material take-off and cost estimates for refrigeration installation and ductwork
- Compiling full cost sheets within company excel costing system
- Preparation of written quotation for tender submission or a full design folder for presentation
- Preparation of design drawings (CAD knowledge would be advantageous)
- Attending client meetings and post tender interviews
- Post Order Design Development where required in conjunction with the company Contracts Managers
The successful individual will possess the following;
- Suitable candidates should have experience within a similar position, within M&E across Construction
- Must have experience working with all Mechanical Services; plumbing & heating, air conditioning, small works.
- CAD knowledge ideal
- Proven track record of bid management throughout the full bid lifecycle
- Will be educated to degree level
Apex Engineering Recruitment is a recruitment agency acting on behalf of this company.