Due to continuous growth, we are currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanically biased Maintenance Supervisor on behalf of a well established and highly reputable M&E Contractor.
As the Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor you will report to the Retail M&E General Manager and FM Operations Manager, and will be responsible for supervising and directing a team of engineers / specialist sub-contractors.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Ensure all the operatives and specialist sub-contractors are maintaining a high level of Health and Safety.
- Minimise exposure and risk across projects.
- Pursue excellence in all aspects of business.
- Plan and manage the team’s departmental activities in accordance with the agreed budgets and timescales and within policies and standards.
- Undertake Site surveys using Site Audit Pro or similar formats to produce reports and attend meetings with clients on behalf of the company.
- Develop and maintain systems to established standards relating to all operational activities.
- Engage and manage subcontract resource.
- Manage project deliverables in line with the project plan.
- Organise work groups and team meetings.
- Cross reference scope of works and bill of materials/standard quote templates with original scope of works and quotation and escalate any variances.
- Act as a liaison to the relevant team/department Manager
- Work closely with customer representatives to ensure project is delivering agreed outputs.
Qualifications & Skills
- Project Small Works planned and reactive maintenance Supervision and management.
- Multi Skilled – Mechanical Bias.
- Apprentice Trained/NVQ 3 minimum
- Level 3 qualified in Building Services Engineering or Plumbing & Heating Apprentice trained or above.
- Strong in building relationships and able to communicate at all levels.
- Team player and able to work on own initiative.
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Commercial gas qualifications beneficial, but not essential.
Apex Engineering Recruitment is a recruitment agency acting on behalf of this client