Due to an increase in workload, my client, an international engineering company based north of York, are looking to recruit a Mechanical Technician.
The main purpose of the role is to assemble mechanical/hydraulic components, subassemblies and assemblies.
This is working Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week. (8:30am – 4:30pm, Monday – Thursday) (8:30am – 4pm, Friday).
Overtime rates kick in after your standard 37 hours. Time and a half Monday – Saturday and Double time on a Sunday. Package also includes pension, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays etc.
- Assembly of ROV products consisting of structural components, hard pipe and hose manufacture, pumps, motors, valves manifolds, manipulators, gearing…etc
- Ensure completion of projects as scheduled and budgeted; and maintain high standards of quality
- Mechanical assembly of subsea products
- Load testing of subsea equipment as required
- Testing of hydraulic hoses/pipe and components as assigned
- Carry out workshop maintenance as assigned
- Carry job tasks safely using good working practices
- Ensure risk assessments are carried out prior to start of work and during
- Ensure good housekeeping
- Other duties as assigned
- Understanding of mechanical assembly and practice
- Shop floor Mechanical apprentice background preferred (desirable)
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to work well with others
- Must be competent in the use of basic hand and power tools, drill press, tube bending equipment and hydraulic test equipment
- Must be hard working, able to work under pressure
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and sketches
- Must have can-do attitude and have a willingness to learn
Note:- Apex Resourcing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency