Our client is an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
They are seeking a fully experienced Principal Electrical Engineer to be based in their southern regional office.
- Designs and specifies Electrical building systems, equipment, facilities, components and products
- Develops Electrical engineering concepts and solutions
- Reports and reviews on Electrical engineering options and makes final proposal
- Attend project design team meetings (perhaps overseas visits required) and co-ordinate with Architects, project managers, Structural Engineers etc
- Obtain from client and provide a clear and accurate brief to design office engineering team
- Visit design office with design briefing and partake in conference calls with design office engineers to discuss/review project
- Technical requirements and deliverables
- Develop brief and disseminate to Engineering/CAD resource for each phase of project
- Provide expert technical advice and problem resolution to the design office
- Visit design office with briefing and mobilise the team
- Review deliverables from design office in accordance with briefing requirements sent to them
- Provide technical audit of deliverables from design office
- Present design proposals/solutions to client and design team
- Prepare specifications and co-ordinate with all other documentation
- Sign-off engineering documents/schedules/drawings/calculations received from design office
- Use computer assisted project software for both project related calculations and pro
- Ensure document control methods are being adhered to and quality control standards are being achieved
- Contribute to development of quality and technical standards within the office
You should possess several years’ industry experience with the ability to run medium sized projects and undertake a client facing role in the development, design and co-ordination of engineering projects.
- Experience will include the coordination of engineering project services, with a proven track record in project management.
- Experience in the delivery of European data centre and mission critical projects, along with other sector experience including healthcare labs and clean rooms would be desirable.
- Possess good commercial awareness, in addition to having robust technical knowledge relevant to building services design, and are capable of incorporating those technologies into the data centre sector.
- The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working in either consultancy or mission critical systems and is prepared to work ‘hands on’.
- The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer or working towards, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent and hold membership of relevant institutions.