An interesting and rare opportunity to join this specialist company that designs, manufactures and Installs structures for the entertainment Industry. They deliver exciting and innovative projects within the creative industries, from Olympic Cauldrons to TV sets, from giant artworks to amazing structures. End clients include Google, The BBC, The Brits, Amazon, Netflix, and even governments of rarely visited nations.
Their work can be seen around the world and falls into the following categories: large scale events, theatre and TV sets, ceremonies, art installations and architectural pavilions.
They are a multi disciplined manufacturing facility spread over 14,000Sqm of estate. They are based in four giant hangars that house engineering, fabrication, woodwork, finishing and a specialist manufacturing facility.
- Planning workload by liaising with other departments and providing updates on progress
- Updating work planner, scheduling workload and communicating this to the department
- Prepare production work packs, organising and printing drawings, then delivering them to the required department
- Assist production with the organisation of printed drawings, collecting old drawings and revisions of drawings
- Liaise with Project Managers and Design Engineers regarding changes and updates to finishes
- Raising purchase requests allowing timely procurement of materials using the company system
- Assist the CAD department by listing items ( bolts, tools etc required for site
- Keeping drawing database records updated
- Check and keep track of Production stock lists
- A general education to include 5 GCSE passes at Grade C or above (including Maths and English), or an equivalent educational qualification, or relevant experience
- Understanding of the design process, and its associated documentation
- Positive attitude to work.
- Highly organised and able to work flexibly, under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Drive, enthusiasm and commitment.
- Willingness to undertake relevant training as appropriate
- Enthusiasm to support other areas of the department as required.
- Knowledge of Autodesk software e.g., Inventor, AutoCAD, Vault
- Strong administration background
- Excellent IT skills
- Good organisation and communication skills
- Proficient at using Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Good ability to understand and develop clear precise processes
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
Apex Resourcing Solutions is an employment business acting on behalf of this company