Having been awarded several new lucrative contracts this national Building Services Contractor is recruiting for an experienced M&E Quantity Surveyor to join a rapidly expanding new Division. You will be working on a range of projects from £500K to £2M in value. This is a fantastic opportunity to join at the early stages of the division, currently turning over £3M, with an estimated increase to £5M over the next 12 months. This is an autonomous position, and a rare opportunity to develop the role and be instrumental in recruitment and management of a commercial team.
- Participate in tender handover from estimating department.
- Prepare, submit and negotiate tenders as required within the team and in conjunction with the PM/Operations Manager.
- Produce buying schedule in conjunction with PM.
- Procure Sub Contract packages, approve sub contract orders ensuring compliance with specification, drawings and employers requirements.
- Negotiate subcontract payment terms.
- Produce project cash flow forecast.
- Prepare and submit client applications accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure monthly applications are certified on time and invoiced as appropriate.
- Manage and agree subcontract instructions and variations.
- Submit and agree client variations and manage change request process.
- Produce detailed take offs, understand and read design drawings.
- Ensure compliance with contractual procedures and agreed scope of works, issuing all contractual notifications for any changes to the agreed contract i.e. Early warning notice, delay notice, compensation events, extension of time requests etc.
- Attendance on each project site to review works undertaken and walk round valuations and attend any commercial or contractual meetings.
- Prepare, submit and agree the client final account.
- Preparation of monthly cost to compete reports (CTC’s) accurately and on time.
- Financial administration of Focal Point ensuring project status is accurate and financial information is entered correctly.
- Attend monthly WIP meetings.
- Produce monthly sales forecast in conjunction with Team Leader and input into Focal Point.
- Risk Management- work with the Project Manager to produce and maintain risk and opportunity registers.
- M&E experience is essential
- Degree qualified, ideally in Quantity Surveying or similar
- Several years’ experience in a commercial or QS role
- Able to work on own initiative
- IT literate
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused
- Accuracy and quality in reports and documents
- Professional conduct when representing the business
Apex Engineering Recruitment is a recruitment agency acting on behalf of this client