This dynamic, award winning national Building Services Consultancy is seeking an experienced driven Senior Mechanical Engineer to join a team of high calibre individuals.
As the senior engineer you will be responsible for production and delivery of all allocated design projects. Liaising with the other members of the design and construction teams to help deliver projects on time and on budget.
Your main responsibilities will be to support the operation and development of the business.
- Assist with promoting the business to clients and other professionals through business development opportunities
- Representing the company at design and project team meetings
- Carrying out investigations, surveys, and information searches to develop the basis for design
- Preparing working designs for building services
- Preparing calculations to support equipment selections
- Keeping up to date with latest industry trends and software
- Promoting sustainable design solutions for all design work
- Preparation of schematics, layouts, specifications, reports and design notes to support the design submission
- Reviewing drawings and other information to ensure Quality Assurance
- Identifying health and safety issues within the design or operations on site, and reporting to the appropriate authority
- Taking part in group resource planning
- Identifying situations where additional fees can be claimed for projects
- Degree or Higher National Qualification in building services related subject
- Associate membership of a professional institution, looking to register for membership
- Discipline specific knowledge or a good understanding of the following:
- Mechanical ventilation and air conditioning
- Heating and cooling services
- Domestic hot and cold water systems
- Foul, waste and rainwater drainage
- Control systems for mechanical and electrical plant
- Acoustic issue arising from mechanical and electrical plant
- Good understanding of sustainable and low carbon design
- Methods of construction and how these affect the design of services
- Good understanding of British Standards, Building Regulations, and sector standards
- Health and safety in design and operations, CDM regulations etc.
- Skills in relevant design software including Revit, Amtech, IES etc.
- Use of Microsoft Office 365 Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and Teams
- Ability to use drafting software including Revit & AutoCAD
- Preparation of NBS specifications
Apex Resourcing Solutions a recruitment business acting on behalf of this company