An exciting and challenging opportunity to join this well established, leading Building Services Contractor. You will be providing Mechanical Engineering support for the design and development of new innovative designs, resolve technical problems with existing products, and throughout development projects.
As the Senior Mechanical Engineer will have the ability to innovate independently and work with other Engineers/Technicians to develop ideas into a detailed scheme supported by calculations and reports to demonstrate compliance with requirements which will include risk assessments and method statements.
- Generate design concepts and solutions to meet project and customer requirements, and provide evidence of conformance, including the preparation of Design Scheme Data Packs.
- Prepare and present Design Scheme Data Packs and engineering detail for internal review and in a customer forum.
- Be competent in the management and verification of requirements using appropriate tools (e.g. CAD, design software).
- Liaise with technical specialists as required (e.g. for HVAC designs).
- Peer checks the work of other Senior Mechanical Engineers and Mechanical Engineers.
- Prepare, check and approve that drawings are correct to required standards, that they reflect design intent correctly, and that they adequately define parts for manufacture and inspection.
- Support the Lead and Principal Mechanical Engineers with other tasks and activities as required.
- Responsible for the specification compliance of designs
- Responsible for mechanical part selection taking into consideration obsolescence, availability and cost
- Responsible for preparing and presenting mechanical designs at design reviews.
- If required, generates minutes from Design Reviews
- Ensures design files and information are kept up to date, and stored in accordance with departmental procedures
- Meet the requirements of UK-SPEC at the Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer Level.
- A Degree in Mechanical Building Services Engineering or related subject is preferred.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of product development from concept through to production, with a strong technical ability for applying their underpinning knowledge and experience to solving problems including new technologies and innovations for complex engineering systems.
- Competence in the use of CAD tools to prepare design models and detailed drawings is required.
- Effective interpersonal skills in communicating technical matters.
Apex Engineering Recruitment is a recruitment agency acting on behalf of this company