Our client is an award-winning consultancy, delivering a multi-disciplined approach to project delivery that promote sustainability, innovation and commercial viability. Continued expansion has created an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer. Working within their team of professional engineers, providing expertise for mechanical services installation and development within large collaborative projects as well as leading mechanically focused projects.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the design, specification, programme and project management of mechanical services installations for new build, maintenance and/or refurbishment type programmes of work. This may include taking the project lead or working as part of a larger design team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carry out the design and management of all types of mechanical services projects including producing budget estimates, drawings, detailed service specifications, tender documentation and undertaking full contract administration duties on mechanical led projects.
- Promote the use of renewable technologies.
- Deliver mechanical projects in full in accordance with client’s brief and professional standards.
- Schedule and coordinate resources, liaising with colleagues, commissioners and clients as required.
- Continually monitor the profitability of projects, ensuring they are delivered within agreed professional fees and proactively taking corrective action where required.
- Carry out condition surveys, dilapidation or specific surveys to provide information for stock condition/asset management system and/or to aid asset appraisal.
- Prepare technical/feasibility reports and valuations, advising on options and recommendations in an advisory capacity.
- Act as the single point of contact on specific engineering issues across a range of clients.
- Promote and manage the competitive, efficient and effective delivery of mechanical services installations and energy management services to clients.
- Assist with maintaining and developing professional standards and practices.
- Provide coaching and guidance to colleagues on professional and technical standards.
- Professional membership of the Chartered Institute of Building Service Engineers and be working or prepared to work towards Chartered status
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a Mechanical Engineering related discipline
- Proven experience of delivering innovative mechanical engineering design solutions across a range of projects
- Experience of undertaking all aspects of mechanical engineering services, including surveys and design specifications
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience of successfully project managing alteration and refurbishment projects from inception through to final account, and have experience of surveying building services for all types of buildings
- 27 Days Annual Leave, plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Competitive Company Pension Scheme, including Company Funded Life Assurance
- Bupa Health Cash Plan
- Annual support towards a relevant professional membership
- Ongoing support towards your own continuous personal development
- A wide range of additional employee flexible benefits, discounts and schemes
Apex Engineering Recruitment is a recruitment agency acting on behalf of this client