Due to continuing success of the business, we are currently recruiting for a Field Service Engineer on behalf of a leading distributor of construction, agricultural and material handling equipment.
Operating for over 40 years, they have a staff force of over 40 skilled engineers and a number of service departments across the South West.
As the Field Service Engineer, you will report directly to the Service controller and be responsible for carrying out diagnostics, servicing and general repairs to a full range of JCB Construction machinery, in a safe and efficient way, ensuring the highest standard of workmanship at all times.
This is a field based, customer facing role, which requires the building of strong relationships within the Service sector of the business, whilst providing the very best possible levels of customer service at all times. Full support and product training will be provided where necessary.
- Service and maintain JCB and other plant equipment to the manufactures specifications and to ensure machine reliability and safety.
- Have a keen eye for detail, reporting machine defects and upselling the services provided by the company wherever possible. This also comes with financial benefit for the candidate for all opportunities created.
- Successfully diagnose and rectify electrical, hydraulic, powertrain and various other faults prior to initiating and completing a repair.
- Operate JCB’s ‘Service Master’ diagnostic software via a laptop computer (training will be given)
- Complete a detailed report of work completed along with supporting photographs and all allocated times via the in house Service Manager personal tablet system.
- Complete risk assessments in line with company health and safety policy and ensure safe working practices are in place at all times.
Skills & Qualifications
- NVQ Level 3 qualification in relevant discipline.
- Ideally have experience in laptop diagnostics.
- Ability to read and understand wiring and hydraulic schematics.
- Knowledge and experience of a variety of machinery ideally in the construction or agricultural industry.
- Ability to interact with customers and develop/build a relationship that ultimately delivers a positively satisfying experience.
- Ability to deliver appropriate communication both internally and externally to allow planning and continued work to be effectively completed.
- Ability to set timescales to own tasks to enable completion of duties and to ensure all tasks are carried out with a level of urgency and within a timely manner, whilst not compromising safety.
- Must carry a full driving licence as well have the ability to operate machinery on site for testing purposes (training can be given to the right candidate).
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency.