We are currently recruiting for a Water Process Engineer on behalf of a design and build contractor, specialising in clean/process water plus dirty water, sewage/effluent.
The company has been established for almost 50 years and specialises in packaged and engineered treatment of ‘clean’ process water and ‘dirty’ wastewater, sewage and sludge water, as well as providing ongoing operation, maintenance, servicing & spare parts.
We are looking for a degree qualified water process engineer to join a fast-paced expanding team. The ideal candidate will be eager to work and willing to learn from the senior engineers who have expert knowledge across a broad spectrum of water treatment.
- Provide service engineering support to the Treatment department.
- Undertake plant process design & amp; calculations.
- Undertake plant process evaluations and reports.
- Undertaking electrical and mechanical design works
- Support tendering team on both capital schemes and aftercare quotations as workload dictates.
- Undertake site visits on behalf of the Treatment team to undertake site surveys, site meetings with customers and any other site related activities.
- Ensuring that all aspects of site projects are installed and commissioned as per the contract document and specifications on time and to a set budget.
- Capable of working with electrical circuit diagrams and specifications.
- Produce detailed service reports in a timely manner.
- Carry out other tasks as may be defined by the company that may be required in order to develop the business.
- Must work within established Company policies and procedures including QA, CDM regulations and Health and Safety.
- Process investigations and troubleshooting across all disciplines.
Skills & Attributes
- Qualified to Degree level in Wastewater & amp; Water process Engineering or Chemical Engineering or Environmental Engineering/Science discipline or equivalent.
- Knowledge of water treatment processes and equipment and a minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience of process plant.
- Wastewater system design and/or clean water system design, designing and selling aeration systems, pumping and mixing equipment, miscellaneous equipment sourcing/sizing e.g. air mains, blower selection, sludge handling equipment, reverse osmosis, demineralisation, softeners, etc.
- Organised team worker, speed and attention to detail and a good ‘completer finisher’.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and assess priorities, very good communication skills; commitment to meeting deadlines giving high levels of customer service.
- Willing to work above and beyond to ensure a task is completed on time.
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency.