We are currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer on behalf of a very well established Mechanical, Electrical and Telecoms Engineering and Infrastructure contractor.
Established over 27 years ago the company now employs upwards of 100 staff throughout the UK and provides design, construction and maintenance services for a range of blue chip, public and private clients on projects including Rail, Commercial, Industrial and Social Housing.
They are now looking for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join and lead their small but growing design department within the Rail Division of the business.
- Carry out electrical design work including specification for the various stages of a project from inception to completion.
- Development and growth of the design team within the rail department.
- End to end management of designs for Rail projects.
- Management of regulation updates
- Ensure adherence to regulations and British standards
- Act as checker for NWR designs
- Liaison with clients at Design Review Meetings.
- Future progression to CRE status
- Undertake cable calculations, lux plots, and design development as required dependant on the size of the project
- Support on commercial designs as applicable
Skills & Attributes
- Degree qualified in Building Services Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Ideally you will be a Chartered Engineer (CEng) however this is not essential.
- Confident with all aspects of electrical building services design.
- Experience in the design of electrical building services for projects within the Rail sector.
- Client facing role – able to represent the company at client/design meetings.
- Competent designer, with ability to produce designs independently and to check the work of others
- Project Management including prioritising team workload and an appreciation of the opposite discipline
- Ability to multi-task and work on several projects.
- Ideal you will be proficient with Microsoft Office packages and Building services Software such as Amtech/Cymap/TAS/Hevacomp together with AutoCAD packages.
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency