An interesting and challenging opportunity to work at this leading University within the estates & facilities department.
As the Project Manager you will be acting as the client representative for the University on its major, minor and LTM capital projects. Responsible for appointing and managing teams of external consultants. You will be required to undertake the duties of a designer in taking briefs and other technical works associated with the planning and execution of projects.
- To project manage capital works with a minimum of supervision, preparing and presenting reports as required.
- To provide procurement advice to University clients on construction works.
- To obtain briefs from clients and test the briefs.
- To assist clients in preparation of design proposals and employers requirements.
- Undertake feasibility studies and prepare budget estimates.
- To develop design proposals with consultants as required.
- To brief and appoint external consultants on project requirements and to monitor the performance of the team and the project.
- To control and supervise contractors working on site.
- To liaise with other members of E&FM and co-ordinate works.
- To develop and maintain, in conjunction with the E&FM Services section, the standardisation of specifications and working methods.
- To understand and implement Health and Safety policies and requirements for yourself and others, commensurate with your level of responsibility within the Department to enable you to discharge your other duties and responsibilities safely.
- Experience of building design and specification across a broad spectrum of building types.
- Knowledge of building services design and specification as part of the design process
- Knowledge and previous use of traditional, D and B procurement routes/contract forms.
- Project management from inception to completion.
- Preparation of and monitoring for compliance with ER documents.
- Use of computer aided design.
- Management of teams of construction professionals and contractors.
- Sound practical knowledge of construction industry.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation and experience of its application to construction projects.
- Recent experience of managing a variety of construction contracts
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- To have achieved or be willing to work towards achieving the NEBOSH Construction Management certificate.
- 44 days inclusive of Bank holidays
- Automatic enrolment into the pension scheme with employers contribution of 21.1%
Apex Resourcing Solutions is an employment business acting on behalf of this organisation